Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Emma's First Week of School

So I am a week late in writing this blog but better late than never! :)

Emma's first week was a HUGE success! I will share one "Emma" story then leave you with the precious pictures---

Emma was excited and nervous about anything related to Holy Trinity Episcopal School (her new school).  There was a teacher "Meet-n-Greet" the Thursday before school started.  We had a chance to look around her new classroom, see her desk, and try to make her as comfortable as possible with her new situation.  While touring her classroom, I pointed to the discipline chart on the wall.  There were four laminated sheets of paper on the wall: two green sheets followed by a yellow then red.  All the "stars" were on the top green sheet.  Emma spotted her star immediately and said with all the excitement in the world, "MOM! I can't wait to get my star ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM red sheet because red is my favorite color!"  HA!  I stood there for a while not sure how to approach this one as I understood her reasoning HOWEVER red was not the behavior goal-- "top green" is the goal.  Red = bad. Green = good. Rather than kill her enthusiasm I let it go and figured her teacher, Mrs. Licata, would explain all of that on her first day.  Duane and I laughed for a while later that night though ;)

 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. That's precious!! She's a cutie! I hope she stays on "green" all year :)

    ReplyDelete