Friday, July 29, 2011

July 24, 2011: Mama


Mama. The sweetest word we can ever hear from our babies-- possibly second only to "I love you".  After months of endless repetition and hearing "da-da" a million times, I finally heard him mutter the beautiful sound: muh-ma.  I almost missed it and had it not been for Emma's keen ear (don't let her fool you-- she hears everything) I would have!  We were eating a late dinner at Chuy's which is one of THE loudest restaurants when Mason decided that he had let me suffer long enough.  I was busy trying to squeeze in a little adult conversation while Emma was entertaining Mason.  All of a sudden Emma said, "MOM! He just said your name!" I half acknowledged what she said and went on talking with Duane when I heard it for myself.  I practically leapt across the table, grabbed his yummy cheeks, and gave him a million kisses.  He thought the whole thing was very amusing and continued to say "muh-ma" just to see how I would react.  I immediately snapped a few pictures of the moments just after his BIG word reveal.  In case, you were wondering what he was eating... Mason received lots of snacks after his job well done.  I am soaking in every precious "muh-ma" now and figure that I might as well enjoy it before I get to the point where every time I hear "MAMA" I want to run and hide! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment